Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

If you have been following along, you know about Ziggy. If you have not been following along, then you should catch up! Most of the things that I didn't do have to do with him. (That is kind of sad and yet kind of good too, huh?!) Anyway....here we go....

I did not cry when I had to leave Ziggy at the vet for two days. I also did not laugh when I had to sign a consent form for them to collect a urine sample (which consisted of them just waiting until he actually peed). I did not go home and attempt to explain to Sinatra why Ziggy was not with me and when he would be coming home. I did not ask the vet to call in the antibiotic to the Wal-Mart pharmacy because it was cheaper. I did not shake my head and wonder why pharmacists make so much money when they couldn't figure out how to fix up my cat's prescription.
I did not check my cell phone to find a picture of him when he was just a baby so I could give an approximate date when I was asked for Ziggy's birth date. And I most definitely did not laugh out loud when I read the label on the bottle concerning his name.

When an Army Recruiter who came to the school to get some paperwork asked if he would set off an alarm if he went out a particular door, I did not tell him--"Not a loud one. Just a silent one and we will point the cops in the direction you went." He thought twice about going out the door, but another staff member and I just started laughing, so out the door he went! And, no, there was no alarm, silent or otherwise.

I did not type this post ahead of time so that I could remember all the things that I did not do.

Those things would be silly, wouldn't they? And that is why I did not do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment