Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Post

So, this is the first post of the first blog I have ever written. For that matter, it is the first blog I have ever thought about writing. I have no 'agenda' for writing this other than it is going to be a place where I can pretty much say what I want when I want.

I am a school nurse who has a background in labor and delivery. I have been at my current job since January of 2004. I work in the same school that I spent my elementary and high school career attending. I am the first nurse this school has ever had. There are approximately 330 kids from Kindergarten thru 12th, housed in two different buildings. At the moment, I am not being paid to be at summer school. Yes, it is a sore spot with me, but if I want to have my summer paychecks, I have been informed that I will arrive everyday and like it.

School nursing has a lot of benefits. Pay is NOT one of them! I love hearing the things some of these kids come up with though! Case in point--on the first day of summer school, I asked one of the pre-k kids who will be starting kindergarten in the fall how her day went. Her reply was that "it was goodalicious!"

Like I said in my profile...I am married and have a son. I have been married since 2008, and that in itself is a story! I will post about that at some point in the future. My son is 14, bigger than me and has been diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum. That will also be a future posting, although, I am certain that the things he says/does will come up often!

My home is filled with guys! We also have two cats who are both males and my husband has a dog that is also a male. I am used to being around only guys tho. I have two brothers, a nephew, and four male cousins on my dad's side of the family. My mom's side, there are so many people that I don't even know them all! We live near my parents and my paternal grandparents, so those are the folks I know the best.

I live out in the sticks (duh!) and love it! I own 9.25 acres and cannot see a neighbor. Oh..they are there...just I can't see them and they can't see me and I like it that way! Of course a drawback is that it takes about 4 hours to mow my yard...on a riding mower. And when it floods, I can't get out or back in. But I love where I live anyway. I think one reason my husband married me was so he could go deer hunting by just walking out the front door and aiming at the ones who feed in my yard!

Another drawback would seem to also be the fact that I don't have internet service where I live, so I rely on being at work or going to the library or to my brother's house to get online. I guess that probably isn't the best situation since I have started this blog thing, but I figure everyone will get used to that fact.

I have decided that I like to take photos. I have always liked doing so, but now with a digital camera, it is soooo much better! My husband got me just a point and shoot digital a few years ago for Christmas and I managed to take several really nice pics with it. Within the past month though, we have been able to purchase a Nikon D40 which I am learning to use slowly.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine got married and after the wedding, she asked if I would take a few pics of her and the new husband. I did so, but didn't know how they would turn out. I ended up printing out an 8x10 for her and it looked really nice. I think I am going to like this camera!

I have read other people's blogs, and they always seem to know just what they want to say and how to say it. I feel like I am just typing out random thoughts as I think them! I guess I am entitled to do so until I get the hang of this, huh?!

I guess I am going to stop typing for now. Not that it matters, since I am the only one reading this, huh?! But, I need to make a phone call or two and finish up a report for the state that is due soon. Guess I also need to get things ready for tomorrow's field trip.

Have a good day to whoever reads this and I will be back at some point in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment