Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea


This weeks Friday Fragments are being brought to you by Mrs. 4444, just like always!  Run on over there to see how fragmented the rest of the bloggers' week has been.

I have been fired.  Yep.  Evidently one of those who signed up as a follower has fired me.  My six followers has recently become five.

I don't know why they are no longer a follower.  Did I say something that they didn't like?  Did they just decide that they had to downsize their bloggy world visits and started getting rid of those with the least seniority?

I wonder....can I draw unemployment because of this firing?  Because you know....I could really use the extra money.

I think I know where they went.  They went to Helene's!  Why would I think this?  Because she has over 1000 followers!  That is amazing.  I don't think that I even know a thousand people in the real world, and I am positive that I don't know that many in the bloggy world.

Anyway....yesterday was a crappy day at work.  I am telling you that you should have to pass a test before you can receive a working uterus or sperm.  I probably would not have passed, but that is besides the point, since I am at least trying to take care of my child.

As soon as school/work is done for today, The Boy and I are headed home to grab a few things and then out the door we go.  He is spending the weekend with the DNA Donor.  Crazy Man and I are making our way to Nashville.  We will be staying with his sister tonight and then tomorrow night we will stay in a nice (really nice from the looks of it) hotel.  Crazy Man set up the trip for our six month anniversary.  Actually, in calendar years, it is our second anniversary, but since we got married on February 29th, we have been saying that our one year is in 2012 when that date shows up again.

We have a couple things planned, but nothing really grand at this point.  We kind of take things as they come when we go do something like this.  I am looking forward to it.

I have been having really odd dreams lately.  I don't usually remember them, I just know that I have been having them and some of them are weird and some of them are scary.  Matter of fact, Crazy Man said that I sat up yelling the other night.  The only thing I remember is that I felt like someone was coming at me.  Last night, I had a dream that I had frozen bacon in my hands and I was trying to get it to thaw while I was at school getting kids loaded on the buses.  I woke up this morning to a ringing phone and my first thought was "huh...wonder how that turned out?"  Crazy, I know!

The Boy hasn't felt so swell the past couple of days.  I think he got the cold that I had last weekend.  After some DayQuil dosing, he is starting to feel better.

Earlier in the week we had a visit with some folks that deal with people on the autism spectrum.  We had been there before where some testing was done, but we never heard anything from them.  Now all of a sudden they give us a call because they want to put The Boy in to a program.  I asked why now and not then.  They told me that he was a bit young when he first came in for what they could do.  Now, they feel that he is just about the right age. They told me that they would be working with him on some transition type stuff to get ready for the real world instead of the controlled environment of the school.

I will post later about what all happened in this meeting.  It is more than just a fragment!

That is the week in a nutshell.  Hope everyone has a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I lose an occasional FB or blog follower all the time. And I never know why. It USED to bother me - now I think, YEAH, WHATEVER!!!!

    If they don't love me, good riddance!!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know honestly sometimes it's a glitch with Google. It's happened to several people I know...Google randomly just deletes someone. I don't know why it happens, though. I can't imagine anyone "un-following" you!!

    I just added myself to your follow list so you have one more follower now!!! Thanks for the shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't feel emotional about followers joining or unjoining, since I know it has little meaning, anyway. What good are 1000 followers if only a handful comment on a regular basis anyway?

    Glad to know about the autism education opportunity; it's certainly worth hearing about, right?

    Hope your anniversary trip was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete