Sunday, February 14, 2010

♥ Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

I was going to write this in red, but didn't know if it would show up.  And if it did show up, then I a little nervous about how it would clash and all.  So, if you are reading this in all of it's typed black glory, just imagine it is in red!  And have a great day with those you love and who love you back!

Two years ago today, my Crazy Man proposed to me with 14 million people listening in on our private moment.  He won a contest on the Sean Hannity radio show where he could propose on the air.

We were stranded at my grandparent's house because of a massive ice storm that had passed through.  He told me that he was going out to help his dad with some things and would be back later.  

My phone rang and it was someone that I did not know, but I had promised Crazy Man that I would answer my phone that day even if I didn't know the number.  I did and the lady told me to hang on for a minute.

The next voice I hear is Crazy Man's.  He is telling everyone what it is that he loves about me.  

Hannity then introduces himself to me and asks if I recognize the voice.  I tell him that I do.  He asks Crazy Man if he had something special planned for Valentine's Day.  He said that he did, but he wanted it to be a surprise.

At that point, Hannity didn't know what to do because he was expecting Crazy Man to just go ahead and propose.  He had to then ask if he had anything else he wanted to say to me.

Crazy Man then asked if I would be his wife.  I didn't know what to do but cry and tell him "absolutely!"

About that time, he and his mother walk into my grandparent's house.  He was carrying a huge bunch of flowers and a ring.  He gave me the ring box with a sucker ring in it!  

Once we hung up with Hannity, Crazy Man got down on one knee and asked me again to marry him and he gave me my real ring.  He said that he had to do it in person too since he wanted to give me the ring and see my face.

I loved every little detail about the proposal!  I think the best part though was the fact that he had asked The Boy, my parents, and my grandparents if it would be okay if he asked me to marry him.  I also liked the part where he did it for a second time in front of my family.  My Grandma and Grandpa loved being there to see it.

Later I found out that he had been running around town trying to track down the UPS man to find the flowers that were supposed to be delivered to me so that he could have them when he needed them!  I also discovered that he was sitting out in the driveway while the phone call was being taped.

They sent us a couple copies of the proposal and we played one of them while the bridal party walked down the aisle at our wedding 15 days later!  I cried then too!  Matter of fact, I shed tears while typing this just now!

I used to not really like Valentine's Day.  Just another day.  Now....it is one of the best days of the year for me because of the memories it holds.  Thank you Crazy Man.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment