Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Yay!  Friday!  And with that comes another episode of Friday Fragments, brought to you by Mrs. 4444. Click on over there to join in.

This week has been a long short week.  With The Boy being sick on Monday, I have had to pack 5 days of stuff into 4 days.  He is still not feeling 100%, but he is definitely on the mend.

I think The Boy is growing again.  Either that or I was wrong by saying that he is on the mend.  His usual bedtime is 9pm and then he is awake by 6:30am and out of bed by 7am.  The past couple of days he has come home from school and wanted to take a nap.  Then last night, he started to eat and eat and eat.  I love the fact that he is growing.  The bigger the better!  Although, I am going to have to get another job to buy the clothes he will need and the food he continues to consume.

I went to the high school on Tuesday to help the science teacher draw blood from some of her students in her A&P class.  They are studying the circulatory system and had asked if they could type their blood.  So, it was up to me to stick the kids and keep a controlled level of bleeding.  After I had stuck the first student, the teacher realized that the solutions we needed to proceed had been misplaced.  Ended up that I went back on Wednesday and we started all over again.  If you have never done this, it is really neat to see and do.  The kids thought it was great!

Our school's girls basketball team won the district tournament last night.  They have done really well the past several years and have placed in state a couple of times.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that they do as well this year at the state level.

The boys team is much better this year than last year.  I think they will be even better next year.  They aren't quite up to the girls level, but everyone knows that girls are better than boys, right!

I finally got all of the change counted for our Pennies for Patients campaign.  I will post next week with pictures about everything related to that.

The Boy has finals today.  Well, four out of seven are today.  The rest are on Monday.  He says that he is ready for them and thinks that he will do well.  I am sure that he will be fine.

Little Little Brother is signed up to take the ACT.  In case you aren't familiar with the term, it is kind of like the SAT.  He has to do well on it to get into college.  Hard to believe that he is old enough to be looking into colleges.

Crazy Man's birthday is coming up soon.  I have got to figure out what to get him as a gift.  He shouldn't be that difficult to get things for, but he is.  Guess I am going to have to do some research to see what I can find for him.

Not much else going on this week.  Hopefully the weekend is nice and sunny and warm.  Well, it probably won't be warm, but I can at least hope.  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment