Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What a Crazy Man

My name is Ima Hick and I am a coupon cutter.  I am not ashamed to say that I do this.  I am also not ashamed to say that I save money because of it.  And, I am also not ashamed to say that I will only visit one specific supermarket when they are having things on sale for a dollar...and then take in my coupons to be doubled, therefore giving me items for free or very close to it.

So how can I honestly spend one single night in a hotel room that costs as much as a car payment...and doesn't give me a free breakfast in the morning?!  Easy...I'm getting that one basically free also!

See, as a truck driver, Crazy Man has to spend the night out on the road for his job, usually at least once a week.  He has been doing this for years, but until he got his current job, he would just sleep in his truck.  Now, the company pays for his night in a hotel.  He joined a frequent sleepers club (or something like that) and he has been racking up points for over a year and half.

On Sunday, he told me that he was going to cash in some of those points.  His plan is for us to go to Nashville for our 2 year 6 month anniversary.  He made reservations for us to stay at the Wyndham Union Station Hotel.

Holy cow!  Have you seen this place?!  The pictures are amazing.  I am really looking forward to getting there to see it all in person...and to take my own pictures.

Last year, we went to Nashville too.  This year he wanted us to go to St. Louis, but there were no rooms available.  So back to Nashville we go.  Which is not a problem for me.  I ♥ Nashville!


I would not ever want to actually live there though!  I am not a big city girl.  Way too many people.  But, to visit is wonderful.  I have been a bunch of times, but there are still things that I have never done.  And I can't think of anyone that I would want to do them more with!


**Hopefully, my computer will have been returned back to me before then so that I can get my pictures in order.  I am having withdrawal!**





1 comment: