Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Me Monday

 Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This is going to be a dual post.  The first part will be for Not Me Monday.  The second part will just be for Monday.

So, what did I not do this past week?

I did not talk to the GPS voice who told me where to go and how to get there on my trip to Jefferson City.  Because that would just be ridiculous since this is not a real person, and he couldn't answer me back.


I did not walk out of a meeting with five others without looking back, knowing full well that the person in charge was going to tattle tell to someone more in charge than her.

I did not lay on the floor of the state capital building in the hopes of getting a cool picture.  Nope.  And I definitely did not do that more than once!


I did not get upset that I still have not gotten my computer returned to me so that I could show you the pictures that I did not take while lying on the floor of the capital building.


I did not laugh at some guy in the Wal-Mart parking lot yesterday attempting to place his cart in the the little cart wrangler area.  Why would I laugh at something like that?  There is no way that could ever be funny...unless he slammed it against the blue 'not this side, dummy' bar...and then slammed himself against the cart...and then started to loudly question "wtf"!  I would never laugh at something like that since he could have been hurt.

I did not thank God yesterday at the restaurant that it was not my autistic child who picked up a pickle with the tongs...twice...and dropped said pickle straight into his mouth...and then lick the juice off the tongs before putting them back into the pickle container.  I also did not laugh since I was so glad that this was not The Boy.  I did not contemplate if this had happened to us if I would have just acted as though nothing had happened, or if I would have gone to the manager and confessed as to what my teenager had just done.

I did not refuse to answer the phone when I saw who was calling me because I didn't know what they wanted since they have never ever called before.  And, since I also was afraid that they were going to ask for money.  And I would really hate to tell them no and get a cussing.  So, I didn't just let it ring.


Those are just some of the things that I did not do this past week.  Who knows what will happen in the next week!


___________________________________

And now for my thoughts for today.  Which I know that you have been waiting patiently for.... 

I really think that schools should only be in session for four days a week.  Although, I am not sure which day we should take off.  

Not having to attend on Friday would be great.  We could start our weekend sooner, and who doesn't want that?  

Then again, maybe not going in on Monday would be better.  That way everyone could recoup from the weekend.  And, I think that maybe people would be in better moods and there wouldn't be as many kids who think they are sick.

But, maybe the best day to take off would be Wednesday.  That way we could work for two days, be off a day, work for two days and be off for two days.  We would always have a day off to look forward to very soon.

And, if I was off every Wednesday, I could schedule all of our appointments on that one day instead of something every day after school.  This week, we have an orthodontist appointment on Tuesday, a counselor appointment on Wednesday and a doctor appointment on Thursday.  All of them scheduled between 3:30 and 4:00.

Yep...Wednesday would be the best day to be off and for us to only have a four day school week.  I would definitely be willing to go for a little bit longer each day if we could get to that four day week.  And, I would not even complain about which day is chosen for us to be off.  As long as there is one chosen!

No comments:

Post a Comment