Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lost

I have to say that I love my camera.  I also have to say that despite the fact that I have owned it for more than half a year, I still don't know how to do a lot with it.  

I do know how to use the zoom and all that stuff, but as far as figuring out how to use the "f" number and the aperture stuff....I'm lost.  I have read the manual that comes with it and have even tried to look up online as to what it is that I should be doing.  After all, it seems a major waste of good money to just point and shoot!  If anyone out there has any easy way to teach me this stuff, I would be more than willing to listen!
 
And then there is the whole photo editing stuff.  I have been drooling over the Photoshop programs for years, wishing I could have one of them.  But, I felt that it was better to feed The Boy than to spend the money on a computer program to play with. Or at least that is how the Department of Children and Family Services feels.
 
Last year around fair time, Crazy Man, Boyfriend and His Wife, and I all visited this little fair.  We ran into a lady who had a tent set up selling her professional photography skills to anyone willing to pay the money.  Now, Boyfriend and I are big photo buffs and we spent some time talking to this lady.  We asked about what she used to edit her photos.  I don't remember the exact name of the program she used, but she offered to send us a copy of it.  We gave her our names and addresses and went on our merry way.

Weeks passed and we never received anything from her.  Boyfriend called her and she told him that she had lost the paper we had written on, so asked if he would text her our information.  He did.
 
It has now been months and we still have heard nothing.  Don't get me wrong, I am not surprised.  Seems to me that she would be silly to send us the program without us having paid for it.  But, she offered.

Last week, I was talking to a friend who has Photoshop 7 who offered to let me have it to install on my computer.  I took it home and install I did!  
 
And that is when I realized that I am simply not the very smart.

I can not figure out this silly program.  You would think that it would come with some type of directions included, wouldn't you?!  Well, it didn't.  It did come with a very short, not well written manual which mostly told me how to install the darn thing.  It did discuss, briefly, that you could download photos into the program from your camera, a scanner or the hard-drive of your computer.  So why can I not find any pictures saved to my hard-drive?  Because it doesn't tell me how to get them there, only that they can be gotten.
 
I can not possibly be the only person out there that is totally lost with this program.  Maybe it is because I have not upgraded from a previous version and am starting my photoshopping with Photoshop 7.  I don't know.  

I am hoping that when Boyfriend gets back from his military training in about 3 weeks, he can teach me how to use this silly program.  And keep me from feeling like I am outright stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment