Friday, January 15, 2010

Non-Cohesive Thoughts

Let me just say this....I am so glad it is Friday.

It has been a long week.  For whatever reason, I am thinking that there were two Mondays and maybe even an extra Wednesday thrown in for good measure.

I got my report done yesterday and even got it in the mail.  Good thing since it had to be postmarked by today!  Of course, when they receive the report, it isn't going to say what they wanted to hear.  But, I can only do what I can do.


I also got a hotel reservation for the meeting that I am required to attend next week in Jefferson City.  At this very moment in time, it looks like I am going to be lucky and a friend is going to go with me.  Not sure what time we will be able to leave though.  Not that it matters, as long as I don't have to go by myself!


Crazy Man's aunt and uncle are supposed to be leaving for Hawaii to visit their daughter and son-in-law on Saturday.  Last weekend we were talking and told them that we would take them to the airport if they wanted so they wouldn't have to pay to park the car for two weeks. (The closest major airport is a couple hours away.)  The uncle said that would be great and that they would pay us for the fuel.  Crazy Man tells him that we could just drive their car and then they wouldn't have to worry about paying us anything.  


Next thing I know, we are being told that they would rather pay the money to park their car!  


Crazy Man is a good driver.  Actually, he is a really good driver.  He drives a big truck for a living and has done so for many years.  Without problems.  Now, they don't trust him to drive a normal sized car?!


Whatever!


When we got our house refinanced recently, we had a little bit left over to do a few home improvements.  I think I am going to try to convince Crazy Man to look for whatever we need to finish our front patio.  It has only been halfway completed with a tarp over it for 16 months!  I think it is time to do something about that.


After talking it over with the principal at our elementary building, we have decided what we are going to do to bring in money for our Pennies for Patients campaign next month.  I know that I said that it would be too cold for water or outside, but it has been decided that we would have the kids buy water balloons or use a super soaker water gun aimed at our music teacher.  And, he did agree to this!

We are also looking for donations of things that we can raffle off that the kids would like.  So far, we have collected a school blanket, one of next year's yearbooks, a couple of certificates for painball games, some posters and backpacks.


I am trying to contact stores to see if they would be willing to donate gift cards that we could raffle also.  And, there are two movie theaters in town (not the one our school is in, but 20 miles away) and I am going to see if they would be willing to donate some tickets.


I am hoping that this is going to go well.  Last year, it was a roaring success, so hopefully this year will be even better.


Can you tell that all of this is just a rambling thing?!  I can't seem to get all my thoughts in a nice neat little package that makes sense and flows well.  Oh well, as long as I can follow it, then it makes no never mind!

1 comment:

  1. this would be a great post to link up at barb aka mrs 4444's half past kissin times friday fragments
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete