Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to any and all who read this!  I am hoping that you are all spending time with your family and friends and counting all of your blessings.

I thought I would make a list of things that I am thankful for.  They are listed in no particular order!


I am thankful for:


The Boy.  Without him, I would not be anything important.  I also would not have a clue what patience and understanding truly are if it weren't for him.



My Crazy Man.  He loves me no matter how ridiculously irrational I am.  He is truly the love of my life.  He makes me laugh when nobody else can or even attempts to try.


My family.  And that includes my family-in-law.  Most of them accept me for who I am.  For those who don't, then they can still have a happy Thanksgiving!


Plenty of food to eat and money to buy it with.  There are many out there that don't have either.  I have been there before and I hope and pray that I won't have to go there again any time soon.



A house and clothes to keep us warm and dry.


My friends.  I don't have a bunch of them, but the ones that I can count have taught me just what true friendship means.

My pets.  They have taught me about unconditional love.


Several days off in a row from work.  This is pretty self explanatory.  I am thankful that I have a job to have those days off from work however. 


All of the kids that I take care of.  They point out to me all the time the things that adults seem to miss.  Innocence is a good thing at times!  They remind me that being a kid is sometimes just as hard as being an adult.  They also remind me to look for the funny.


The men and women of our military.  A lot of these people are miles away from their own families.  Some of them just states away and others countries away.  For some of them, they are away from their family for the first time ever for a holiday.  Some are on a battlefield.  For everyone of them, I am thankful.  Because of them, I am able to write all of what I have written.  I am able to raise my son and give him all he needs.  I am able to spend time with my family because these men and women are away from theirs.  


May God bless each and everyone of those who are reading this.  And may you sit down and make your very own list.

No comments:

Post a Comment