Monday, September 21, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not laugh when my 3 year old cousin said the following things:

"Where did he go? Did he pissedappear?" (I am hoping he meant disappear!)

"I have to go get erections!" (I am seriously hoping he meant directions!)

While we were sitting at the supper table and he was told by his mom that he would not be allowed to go to the fair to ride the rides if he did not eat, I most certainly did not have to choke back laughter when the following conversation took place:

3 year old: "Granddad, I need you."

Granddad: "You need me? Why?"

3 year old: "I need you to let me go to the fair."

I would never laugh at a 3 year old attempting to get out of trouble. Nope. That would just encourage the practice.

I did not see someone in our local parade that I hadn't seen in years, holler her name and run out into the middle of the street hugging and laughing with her! And, she is definitely not a well known name in town!

I did not hope that it would rain on Friday afternoon so that I didn't have to mow. (I got it mowed!)

I did not attempt to make a Butterscotch Caramel Cheesecake for the very first time, all the way from scratch and then take it to my Crazy Man's family reunion on Sunday. And, I did not take home an empty cheesecake plate!

I did not make a calendar of the upcoming new shows starting tonight so that I would know what channels and times they came on in the hopes of not missing any that looked interesting. I know that would be silly and make me look as though all I do in my free time is watch TV, so there is absolutely no way that I could possibly have done this.

These were just some of the things that I absolutely did not do last week! I did not do so many things that I have started to keep a list of them so I can therapeutically come clean on Mondays!





No comments:

Post a Comment