Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by McMama at www.mycharmingkids.net. You can head over to www.mycharmingkids.net to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

It has been a while since I have joined in on the Not Me Mondays. I decided that today would be as good a day as any to jump back on board! Mind you, some of these things have happened before the past week. But this is the first chance I have gotten to 'speak' them out loud!
I did not cringe when I was told that the newest nurse hired for my other school was the daughter of the secretary who thinks she runs the school.
I did not do that before I even met the girl.
I did not roll my eyes and take a deep breath when talking on the phone to her I asked her if she was an RN and she said that she was and then when I asked what she did at the hospital she answered "I'm an RN." Yeah, you said that. But what do you do there? (Too hard of a question?!)
I did not call a group of high school boys "whiny babies" while they were standing in line for their turn at a dental screening and to get fluoride varnish put on their teeth. That would not be nice if I had done that, would it?
I did not openly cry at a funeral for someone that I did not know. Nor did I know anyone related to that person. (No, I didn't 'crash' the funeral. I was attending as a Patriot Guard Rider. And yes, it was the funeral procession that is making news in St. Louis.)
I did not enter 8 pictures in our local fair. I did not talk to the person accepting the entries to try to figure out which category two of the pics should be entered under and when she couldn't decide, she made up two new categories! I did not feel guilty that other people did not know about those categories before entering their items.
I was not forced to hold my tongue when a co-worker was required to tell something about her personal life that had nothing to do with her job.
I did not attend a baby shower for a really good friend's just turned 17 year old daughter and enjoyed myself. (It is really hard for me to go to a baby shower for anyone, but really difficult for a young girl.)
I did not sit here, write this post, look back at it to proof-read and decide that my life seems either really lame or I have just been able to block out all the silly stuff that has happened to me lately!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ima,
    Your life sounds just as exciting as mine! What did I not do this week?
    I did not tell a friend that I thought a leader in our community behaved like a jerk at a meeting to plan a revival. I was not at church when I said this. I did not allow my son to wear the same clothes 2 days in a row after he smelled the "pit and crotch" areas and declared, "they smell okay to me." I did not eat macaroni and cheese for lunch today after buying salad fixin's and declaring to my family I was going to eat healthy this week. Nope, Wouldn't do it, Never, Not me! gin

    ReplyDelete