Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's IdeaTime for Friday Fragments hosted by the wonderfully amusing Mrs. 4444.  I have not linked to her in a while for several different reasons.  If you have no idea what those may be, then just look back on this site in the month of April.  That should explain everything.  And if you still haven't figured it out, send me an email and ask!  Now that that is out of the way, it is time for those things that have happened, but are not major enough to warrant an entire post.

School is winding down for the year, for which I am terribly happy about.  Now if I could just have those three months off that everyone always says that school workers have!  I am usually lucky to get 5 weeks out of the 12 not at school.

Couple of field trips coming up.  Going to the skating rink in the next town over today.  Next week is the park and bowling alley.  Next Thursday is the annual kickball game between the sixth grade students and the Elementary staff.  It is fun for all!  At least until the staff tries to get out of bed the next morning!  Next Friday is our last day and we get out at noon.

We only have 56 days until we are scheduled to get on the plane and fly to Hawaii!  I am trying to contain my excitement since a lot could happen between now and then.  But it is really hard to do with the weather warming up and the tickets all paid for and waiting to be used.

I really need to find a swimming suit for me to take on our trip, but am thoroughly dreading it.  Sometimes I think I would rather swim to Hawaii than try to stuff this body into a bathing suit.  Of course, if I were to do that, then I don't think I would mind getting into a tiny little bathing suit because whatever the sharks didn't eat would be nice and tan and thin.  And others wouldn't turn their heads in disgust when I show up in a tight little piece of material.

I already received my Mother's Day gift from The Boy and Crazy Man.  They built me a new bookcase out of old barn wood.  I love it!  It is nearly completely full, so I told them that I need about 10 more!  I also will need an extra room to put them all in, but one thing at a time, right?!

That is all I have to say for the time being.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it's taken me forever to get here! As you clearly know, this time of year is insane for teachers. That said, I'm so happy for you; that you are going to HAWAII!!! You've certainly earned it.

    I would hate to have to buy a suit right now, too. Check Land's End--They're not cheap, but they are likely of excellent quality, and they seem to have a lot of figure-flattering options.

    ReplyDelete