Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Guess What I Got?!

Yesterday evening I did it. I just typed in the information and hit the request button. I held my breath while I did it. And then I got the confirmation that I could have what I requested. Wow! It was scary and exciting all at the same time! It is still scary and exciting!
What is this mysterious thing that I did? I bought us plane tickets to Hawaii!
When My Crazy Man and I got married, we decided that we wanted to visit Hawaii to celebrate our first anniversary in July 2012. But, we wanted to take The Boy and my Little Little Brother along. We decided that this would be a once in a lifetime trip, so we started to save.
Then, Crazy Man's cousin and her military husband found out they would be sent to Hawaii in June 2009. They would be there for a minimum of three years. If we waited to go in July 2012, they may be gone. And it is always more fun to have friends and family around to do things with. So, we decided to move it up to July 2011. But then we found out that a couple of our friends who wanted to go also wouldn't be able to go then since he is scheduled to be deployed that month. So, we moved it up to July 2010.
And that is when I bought the tickets for! We are supposed to leave the morning of July 2 and our return plane lands the afternoon of July 16. When our plane takes off, we will have been saving money for 18 months. We know that we will have enough, because we have been cutting back on things for just this reason. We would much rather put things off now so we can make this a once in a lifetime trip.
The plan is that this will be a graduation present for my Little Little Brother (who is scheduled to graduate in May 2011). We are hoping to be able to take some pictures over there that he can use for his Senior Pictures. I love to take pictures and I think this would be a great thing. I would be able to take pics, and my parents would be able to save money. (Since we all know that the professional pics usually cost big bucks.) The Cuz's are scouting great picture places in Hawaii everyday!
I think I should also clarify a few things in the previous ramblings. After reading it I realize that it doesn't make sense to say I am married and plan to celebrate our first anniversary in 2012! It also may not make sense that I have a Little Little Brother who is going to graduate in a couple of years.
The easiest one to clarify is about my brother. I am the oldest of three kids. I have a Big Little Brother who is 20 months younger than I am. He has a 10 year old son. When we were preparing for my first wedding (the marriage that brought me The Boy) and my Big Little Brother's high school graduation, our parents told us that we would be getting another sibling. I loved going to the priest and telling him that we would need to move my wedding up a couple of months due to pregnancy! You should have seen the look on his face! Talk about priceless! It got even better when I told him that the pregnancy was my mother's and not mine! I thought he was going to pass out from the shock and laughing so hard!
We were all excited since my parents had always wanted three kids and had tried for years without luck. All of a sudden, we got what they had hoped and prayed for for a lot of years. It was a fun pregnancy actually! (I don't think that 'fun' is the word my mom would use though!) We were all there for the ultrasound and the day of delivery.
So, my Little Little Brother was born when I was 20 years old. I didn't know how else to distinguish between my brothers since I then I had two little brothers. The easiest way was to call them my Big Little Brother and my Little Little brother! Of course, they are both a lot bigger/taller than I am!
And that is the reason I have a brother who is a junior in high school and a son who is a freshman. They have been raised almost as brothers and look out for each other in the manner. They fight and bicker like brothers too.
As for the first anniversary celebration in July of 2012. That one is fairly easy to clarify and yet, not so much!
My Crazy Man and I met in 2001, online. We dated for several months and decided that it just wasn't going to work out for us. He had planned to become an over the road truck driver. I didn't think that our relationship was strong enough to survive being apart that much. So, we went our seperate ways.
Fast forward to January 2006. I saw him pushing a cart in Sam's Club one afternoon. I was going to say something to him, but then saw a purse in the cart and decided that I would act as though I didn't see him. I figured that the purse had to belong to his woman and if he saw me and wanted to speak, then I would talk to him. But I wasn't going to initiate the conversation.
Well, he did see me and called my name. He told me that he had a new "baby" and asked if I wanted to see a picture of her. Of course I said yes. He pulled out his cell phone and showed me a picture of a blue Harley Davidson motorcycle! I just looked at him like he was crazy. I told him that I thought he meant an actual baby. He said no, that he wasn't even married! I asked if the purse was his then. He said that it belonged to his mom! He took my number and we started to talk nearly everyday.
We talked like that until the day I wished him a happy birthday in March. He stopped calling after that. I figured that it was going to be up to him, that I wasn't going to chase after him. He called back on May 7 and left a message asking if I wanted to go for a bike ride with him. We then made plans to go ride on May 13, 2006.
That was the first real date we had since we had met back up in January. It was also the first time I had ever been on a motorcycle. We have been together everyday since. We have either talked on the phone or been side by side everyday.
On February 14, 2008, my Crazy Man won a contest through the Sean Hannity show where each Valentine's Day three couples propose. He was chosen to be one of those guys who was able to propose on air.
On February 29, 2008 (yes, 15 days later!) we were married in the local Harley Davidson dealership. We wanted something different and totally 'us'. And we got it!
That is why we say that our real first anniversary will be in 2012. In February this year, we said that we had been married for 3 months! Next February it will be 6 months and so on. We have been having a ball with it all! I will have to post some pics from our wedding sometime in the future. I don't have them with me today since I didn't really know that I would be writing about it!
All of that to say that we got tickets to Hawaii for next July!

No comments:

Post a Comment