Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

I know that I haven't done this in several weeks, but today is Friday.  And that means that it is Friday Fragments time.  You can head on over to Mrs. 4444 to check out just how fragmented everyone else's week has been....after you finish up here of course!

I started to walk at nine months of age.  And I have known forever that despite walking so early in life I just am not a very coordinated person.  On Wednesday evening I discovered just how uncoordinated I truly am!  I attended a Zumba class with some of the folks I work with.  It was a total train wreck for me!  Evidently angels actually carry me everywhere that I go.  That is the only way I can figure out how I can get somewhere safely instead of tripping over my own feet like I did during Zumba.

Believe it or not, I am planning on going to more of the Zumba classes.  Hang on.  Let me consult a dictionary......  Yep.  I thought so.  Looked up "glutton for punishment" and found my picture there.

It has been really hot and humid here.  About time!  I really am not into being cold.  But this humidity really bites.  Especially when the temps are in the high 80s or low 90s....and the humidity is hovering around the same numbers.

We had our American Legion Riders shin-dig a few weeks ago.  It was a bomb.  Really.  It opened up and poured.  And not only did the rain get us, but another group just up the road planned on top of us.  I think we ended up breaking even, but all in all, it wasn't good.  We are going to plan again for next year though I think.  (Yep.  There is my picture again!)

The Boy is helping with summer school in the Pre-K class.  There are only about 19 young'uns in there.  But with that age, it really feels like there are twice that many in the room!  He is doing well (according to the teacher) and the kids miss him when he isn't in the room.  He usually has nothing to say about the whole experience, so I guess it can't be that bad.

I saw an ad in the newspaper that I dropped off my resume for on Wednesday.  When I got home, there was a message on the machine from them.  I am not sure I was out of their parking lot when they left it, asking me to come in to talk to them.  Not sure if that is a good sign or not.  Supposed to go talk to them around 3pm today.

Still having some issues dealing with the loss of one of "my" kids.  Tears will hit me out of the blue.  The Boy is starting to get used to it.  I am not.  If I am having such a hard time, I can not imagine how his parents are dealing with it.

Boyfriend and Boyfriend's Wife came out to the sticks for Memorial Day.  We grilled and visited.  Then Boyfriend and Crazy Man went out to shoot at targets for a while.  We had a really good time!  After we were done eating, Boyfriend showed me how to do a couple of things on Photoshop.  I am about as good at that as I am at Zumba if that tells you anything!

Crazy Man and Boyfriend are going on an Iron Butt Ride tomorrow.  They are supposed to travel 1000 miles within 24 hours on the motorcycle.  They plan on leaving around 5am I think.  I thought about riding with Crazy Man, but The Boy is with me this weekend, so I didn't want to leave him home alone.  That, plus the fact that I am not sure I would be walking very well (or at all!) after riding 1000 miles on the back of a bike.

We are slowly but surely getting closer to the day we leave for vacation.  Three weeks until we board the plane!  I can't get excited about it yet.  I am still afraid there will be something that will keep us from being able to go.  Or worse, something will happen when we get out there and we will have to head home too early.  I guess I am actually looking more forward to the day the plane lands rather than the day it takes off!  That way I know that we have gone and had a good time.  Crazy, I know.

The Boy had an orthodontist appointment yesterday afternoon.  The girl who is assigned to take care of him looks like she is about to pop.  Her due date is Monday, so she decided that yesterday would be her last day.  That means that one of the orthodontists himself will be working on The Boy.  Took a little convincing of The Boy to get him to agree to it, but hopefully it will only be a maximum of three times.

Have you heard the song "I Pray For You" by Jaron and The Long Road to Love?  If you haven't, you need to go here to see the video and listen to it.  It has made my list of favorites.

And that is the end of what I have to say!  Will see you back here next week.  At least that is what I am hoping for!  Have a safe weekend.  Spend it with someone you love!

1 comment:

  1. Hello; happy FF. As usual I am late but have very good excuses.
    We are having our vacation one week from today. My husbands 6 sisters and one brother; their spouses, their children and grand children along with our kids their spouses and our grands..that is like 200 people in one tiny beach town..I am having serious stress as we do this every year and it is a lot of work. Of course there is time sitting on the beach with a good book; catching up with relatives and short motorcycle rides (yes my husband has another wife too) but I love the time when it is just me hanging on to him..I find it so peaceful.
    My severely autistic grandson will scream and bite his hand for the first 1/2 of the week (he hates crowds) but Mom-Mom will take him for some quiet walks on the beach and he will smile like the angel he is and get down to eating some serious sand!
    Have a great weekend and a positive week!

    ReplyDelete